Since the start of the year, I’ve made a note of five good things each day, five moments to savor or that I enjoyed. It’s been interesting. I find that I’m looking for things throughout the day, which means I’m looking for GOOD things, when I often focus on bad ones and kind of ignore the good ones. The habit of “looking for bad things” is one I’m trying to replace with “looking for good things”.
So, here’s five good things I’ve savored since the start of the year.
- Climbing in the car after our trip to the Museum of Flight, Kai and I stopped to watch a plane on the runway at Boeing Field. It turned and we were SO CLOSE. It reminded me of airplane watching at the airport before that kind of thing was no longer a possibility unless you were actually flying that day.
- Becoming deeply absorbed in our current audiobook, Redwall, while Kai and I ran errands. (The audiobook is great – if you haven’t checked it out, I highly recommend it.)
- My cat, Parker, walked up to me, meowed, and climbed into my arm. He promptly started purring and within half a minute, was asleep.
- Watching one of the Star Wars movies with the family, kitties sprawled about us, one on my lap.
- Joe made a breakfast that was so delicious. He made toasted cheese bread with an herbed cheese and fried an egg EXACTLY the way I like – crispy edges on the white, but still mostly runny center. I’m so grateful to have a husband who not only cooks, but is good at it, and does so often, without complaint.